Custom Search
Stories of Wonder and Amazement: Honda Civic Stereo Install

Monday, October 27, 2008

Honda Civic Stereo Install

Hey everybody! Back again, no nutritional smackdown yet, but it is in the works, I promise. In the meantime, I will present to you a pictorial tour of some things I have been doing during my time not spent blogging. First off, we are upgrading the stereo in the Missus' car. Thanks to her love of "rocking out" as the kids call it, 3 out of 4 speakers have been blown. Also, she wants to be able to listen to her ipod through her stereo. So, this means new speakers all around (components in front, 2 ways in the back) and a new head unit. Also, because I am both cheap and stubborn, I am doing all the work myself. I neglected to take pictures of the rear speaker install, but I have pictures of the rest of the process. First off, the head unit... I forgot to take pictures of the removal part, but here is what the dash looks like minus HVAC controls and the stock stereo. A closer view... The tools of the trade (yes, that is a rice spoon, I lost my trim panel tool for a while). Test fitting the new CD player A clean and well organized workspace is always important :) Connecting the factory wiring harness with an aftermarket adapter The finished product!

No comments: