Custom Search
Stories of Wonder and Amazement: Let's pick a coach already!!!!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Let's pick a coach already!!!!

 
This is probably the most frustrating autumn I can remember, for a variety of reasons.  The poor performance of the husky football team and their athletic department has contributed more than their fair share to my frustration.  Just when I thought we had Mike Leach, he withdraws his name from consideration. I had done all my research on him before Halloween and he was my favorite of all the candidates.
 
As others dropped from consideration to take new jobs or get giant contract extensions, Leach stayed there, ready to navigate his pirate ship straight to Montlake. Then, at lunch today, we see that his reserve DB is distributing cocaine and he has withdrawn his name from consideration, partially for waiting too long for an answer (I think asking him back for a second interview didn't help our situation either). I had been dreaming of a spread offensive with Cody Bruns and Jake Locker, now those dreams are crushed.  We don't have a single head coach left to consider, just coordinators. 
 
This has turned into the same running joke that our athletic director search was. I am very disappointed.

No comments: