Custom Search
Stories of Wonder and Amazement: Snow-pocalypse 2008

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow-pocalypse 2008

Continuing the trend of forecasting snowstorms and having them happen a day later than planned, today is perhaps the snowiest day I have ever seen west of the cascades. Yesterday, the world laughed at us for our caution, well, who is laughing now?  No one...damn. 
 
This is the second day this week I've walked to work, looking like someone ready to take on Rainier instead of a 3 mile walk to work.  At least I'm getting a lot of exercise, and avoiding idiots running into my car. Though I do worry about what I'll do when a car skids off the road right at me, I'm not the most mobile in my snowboarding pants and large backpack. I doubt I can outrun a skidding Land Rover. 
 
Anyway, wife and dog are at home enjoying the snow, while I work away. Shit, the postman isn't even going to make it here to pick up the mail, but I have to come in?  This just seems a bit silly.  We've got to go to the airport tonight to pick up some guests who are coming in, that should be the real adventure.  I put collision coverage on my car just for the occasion.  Bon Voyage for now.

No comments: