Custom Search
Stories of Wonder and Amazement: A request for reader input

Monday, March 23, 2009

A request for reader input

Alright, so in an attempt to provide a visual aid for a gentleman on a first date, I am attempting to compile an exhaustive list of eating establishments and their relative cost and class values. Cost I am estimating on a cost per date basis while class is on a scale of 1-20 where a taco van is a 1, McDonalds is a 2 and The Herbfarm/Canlis is a 20
 
For example
 
Taco Van
Cost  $10 for 2
Class 1
 
McDonalds
Cost $10 for 2
Class 2
 
Subway
Cost $14 for 2
Class 2.5
 
Olive Garden (in many ways our control subject for this experiment)
Cost $30-40 for 2 (more with drinks)
Class 5?
 
Once I have enough compiled you will have a graph for the ages, I promise you
 

1 comment:

Jared said...

So a Taco Van is class 1...I suppose the seating arrangement at McD's bumps it over a Taco Van, but it's close. I think that you obviously have Quizno's at a slightly higher cost but not necessarily a higher class factor than Subway. Red Robin? Applebee's? Probably a lower class than Olive Garden, and likely cheaper. Shari's and Denny's? More expensive than the fast food purveyors, but class is questionable. What about a seafood place? Is a Red Lobster better than an Olive Garden? I wouldn't call it classier, but it would be more expensive. Then you have the steakhouses, which definitely raise the cost, but again, I still see the class factor being right around the Olive Garden.