Custom Search
Stories of Wonder and Amazement: Fun with scammers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun with scammers

One of the joys of selling a vehicle on craigslist is getting inundated with emails from scammers.  They all follow the same general formula - they email you to see if the vehicle is still available. If so, they then reply about how glad they are to hear that and that they are ready to arrange payment and shipping. Because I'm sure 1987 Toyota Pickups are such a rarity that one has to go thousands of miles away to get one in as rusty of a condition as mine.   See below emails for comic relief.
 
 Okay,
I am happy to read your email concerning the sale of  your item,i'm highly intresting in  purchasing it as soon as possible.I will handle the shipment myself via my private shipping company,They will come for pick up when you must have gotten your cash at hand from the bank.They will prepare all shipment papers and also bill of sales.it will also be insured by my company shippers.
 
This is due to the fact that my mode of payment will be Via Bank Certified Check which i will wait for your bank to verify and clear the check before we proceed with the shipping am not in rush,Once you are satisfied with my mode of payment you can proceed to delete the advert,because i don't want any interruption.,So email me your name and address not a P.O box and also with your phone number to recieved the check. The check will be mailed via UPS or Fedex air so 2nd day delivery.then you will proceed to have the check deposited at your bank so get back to me asap!....
Thanks .
Barb Roman
Rock Springs, WY
 
I emailed her back letting her know that my sales are locals only.  I don't deal with people from Wyoming.
 
Here's another
 hello, i got all your information about the item and am satisfied with it, i will be making your payment today, i need your full name and address and your valid phone number to make the  payment today via certified check i will handle the shipment myself. The check will get to you in 2-5 days time and when you recived the check you can then get the check deposited at your Bank i will wait for you to confirm and clear the check.The payment will be in excess as i will want you to contact my shipper with the excess fund for him to pickup the item after you must have confirmed and cashed the check .i will wait for your bank to clear the Check so you can deduct your own funds and send the excess fund to my shipper via Money gram Money Transfer cos he needs the excess to pick up the item. You can IM on this ID or call me on 206-888-0471 for more information.Thanks and God Bless,you can get the posting deleted from craiglist get back to me asap!
 If anyone wants to give that guy a call, feel free. He's very interested in rusty trucks and apparently needs them shipped, even though he has a local phone number.
 
These people are the scum of the earth.
 

No comments: