Custom Search
Stories of Wonder and Amazement: "I live in Sunnyside, yeah, I know, it smells"

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I live in Sunnyside, yeah, I know, it smells"

Here's a lovely story from the valley. Nothing like the seemingly weekly ritual of a shootout in Sunnyside. Only this time it's noteworthy because the shooting was done with a police officer's stolen gun.  Maybe this will be the event that spurs some more police action down there.
 
When I was working at the winery (see previous posts) my "boss" during the second time I worked there (after my initial firing) was from Sunnyside. I say "boss" because he actual wasn't really in charge of anyone, but he was the only person in my crew who was directly employed by the winery and not a temp agency.  In our first discussion about where we lived, his line was "I live in Sunnyside, yeah, I know, it smells". Seemed like he had been told that a few times before. 
 
My other fun encounter was when 3 guys from S-side had just entered my initial crew, a crew whose tasks were devoted to fixing mistakes that machines made, but were too expensive to fix with machines. These guys were looking for steady employment as their main job as COKE DEALERS wasn't paying as much as they would like. First, how shitty do you have to be at selling coke to have to carpool 120 miles round trip in a Ford Contour?  Second, if you are really going for that big time $8.75 an hour job, don't drink on the goddamn job, they got fired, blamed it on my friend and I, and then word got back to me via the grapevine they were going to put a hit out on us. Riight. I'll just be on the lookout for any Ford Contours. (Note, to date, no hit has been made on me).
 
Anyway, back to Sunnyside, at least now the city has shut down the feedlot that was really stinking up the place, now they just have to shut down the OK corral shootout atmosphere and maybe things will start to perk up (but I wouldn't hold my breath).
 
 

No comments: